I was trying to log into work but had trouble making a VPN connection. I am using Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client, Windows 8.1 Pro on a Surface Pro 3.
This is how to fix the following error messages:
- Failed to initialize connection subsystem
The steps to fix this problem are as follows:
1. Click or push Windows key/button: Search for the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client application by heading to the Start screen and typing “Cisco AnyConnect”. Windows will search for the program.
2. Right-click on Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client then left-click on Open File Location to open the directory where the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client application exists.
3. Windows will switch to the Desktop and open File Explorer and show where the Cisco AnyConnect program is located. In my case, Windows found the program at this location
4. Next, right-click on the shortcut to the program and select Properties
5. A Properties window will pop up. Please do the following steps in order…
Step 1) Left-click on Compatibility,
Step 2) Check the box marked with Run this program in compatibility mode for,
Step 3) Select Windows 7 on the drop down list
Step 4) (Optional) check the box marked with Disable display scaling on high DPI settings – this makes the program look crisp on any display I use with my Surface Pro 3. Note that this step has nothing to do with the fix for this issue. I only did it to make the program’s appearance look clear.
Step 5) Left-click on the Apply button
Step 6) Left-click on the OK button
6. Run Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client and reconnect. It will probably ask for the username and password used to log into your company.
And that is all…..